At the MDS Finish line after 250km

At the MDS Finish line after 250km

Day 3 & more sand . . .

Day 3 & more sand . . .

Representing Malaysia and the MAF/MAC

Representing Malaysia and the MAF/MAC

Ammar, the Jordanian who kept me moving on the 82km stage

Ammar, the Jordanian who kept me moving on the 82km stage

South Asian & South East Asians

South Asian & South East Asians

Relaxing after the 82km stage with Angela above the campsite

Relaxing after the 82km stage with Angela above the campsite
Ralph Justin Dixon
Race ID Number: 580



Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ralph MDS- Day 3

They were not joking about 45 degrees. Running 40km in this heat was just brutal. Finished in good time though but shoulders really aching something awful. Also I smell like a sewer rat - no, sorry that's not fair to sewer rats. Legs and feet holding up again touch wood, but wish I was looking forward to my chicken tikka with rice for dinner more than I am. Met a lovely girl called Veronika from USA who kept me running to the day's finish line which was great and we crossed together. I have been writing a daily blog but apparently it has not been updated so hope this one reaches you all. Please send me emails/short messages via the Darbaroud site. Those emails are really keeping me going - and thanks to all of you who have sent. Send more than one as some go missing it seems. Tomorrow 82km leg which I prefer not to think about but just prepare well and take it as it comes. Missing you all a lot, cant wait to get back to roti, hokkien mee, a nice bed, friends, colleagues and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment