At the MDS Finish line after 250km

At the MDS Finish line after 250km

Day 3 & more sand . . .

Day 3 & more sand . . .

Representing Malaysia and the MAF/MAC

Representing Malaysia and the MAF/MAC

Ammar, the Jordanian who kept me moving on the 82km stage

Ammar, the Jordanian who kept me moving on the 82km stage

South Asian & South East Asians

South Asian & South East Asians

Relaxing after the 82km stage with Angela above the campsite

Relaxing after the 82km stage with Angela above the campsite
Ralph Justin Dixon
Race ID Number: 580



Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ralph MDS- Day 1

After a windy night which blew down our tent and covered us in sand, we woke up to a very cool morning of about 10 degrees. At about 3am I felt like I was being held down but it was only the tent which had collapsed onto us. Day 1 run was about 30km and at least 50% dunes so took about 5hrs. Feet are ok but shoulders are aching like nothing I have felt before. Need to downsize my pack somehow. Met some great people on the way from Germany, France, UK, Korea, Japan, and have five wonderful tentmates from Korea, Singapore, Malaysian from Shanghai and one Indian. Two girls and four blokes. Food is ok and having chicken tikka with rice tonight, and scram agss with bacon this morning was actually not bad. Missing everyone a lot and thinking about Hock all the time as he loved Morocco. Tomorrow is 36km, then day 3 is 40km, then the big one on day 4 is 82km. You can send messages to me via the website posted on my blog, and just tell me any of your news. Thanks again to my wonderful sponsors.

No comments:

Post a Comment